Injectables offer a quick solution to wrinkles and sagging skin. But artistry is also essential for refined results.
Dr. Peter Brownrigg in Ottawa, ON, an expert in facial plastic surgery, can deliver on the promise of injectables.
Rely on the skills of a noted plastic surgeon for a refreshed, natural-looking result.
Gorgeous Lips With JUVÉDERM
I can't speak highly enough for Dr. Brownrigg and my own personal experience with him, his staff and my results. It has only been 4 months and I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results thus far! I would definitely recommend him! Thank you Dr.Brownrigg!View On Google
Not only is Dr. Brownrigg professional and talented, he knows how to make you feel comfortable with his humorous bedside manner. At the end of the day, his talent is all that matters and he did the job perfectly.View On Google
Put Your Face in the Hands of an Artist
Not every person who picks up a paintbrush is an artist. The same can be said when it comes to treating the signs of aging with injectables. Knowledge, experience, and skill all matter in selecting the right filler and administering it expertly. Dr. Brownrigg, a noted plastic surgeon, has the deep understanding of facial proportions and facial tissue needed to create natural-looking results.
Skilled Plastic Surgeon
It's important to choose your provider carefully; the most serious side effects from injectables are typically associated with unprofessional injections. When administered by a skilled doctor like Dr. Brownrigg, the risk of undesired side effects is greatly minimized. Dr. Brownrigg will discuss every aspect of your treatment at our Ottawa, ON, practice so that you can be confident in your choice.
Dr. Brownrigg carefully listens to his patients during consultations so that he can provide the best recommendations possible to meet their goals. Because he is a skilled facial plastic surgeon, you won't be limited to the narrow range of options offered by a less experienced practitioner. Dr. Brownrigg uses the latest techniques and safest procedures to help his patients look their best.
Find Out Which Injectables Are Right for You
There are numerous options when it comes to injectables. There are muscle relaxers such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM®. But with so many choices, many of our Ottawa patients don't know where to start.
Dr. Brownrigg, whose Ottawa practice is devoted exclusively to face and neck plastic surgery, can offer the guidance patients are seeking to recapture their looks. As one of Canada's foremost providers of facial procedures, he is eminently qualified to administer injectables with a deft touch that leaves patients with natural-looking, younger contours.
Dr Brownrigg did a lower facelift and upper eyelid lift after 175 pound massive weight loss. I look like myself again only better I was even seen by two plastic surgery specialist 2 weeks later who could not tell that I had had a facelift ! I would recommend Peter and his team of experts at every step of the wayView On Google
Dr. Brownrigg and his staff are fantastic. Excellent results, and beyond excellent post operational care. Couldn’t recommend this Doctor and his service enough. If you have any concerns, Dr. Brownrigg and his staff will patiently and expertly address them all.View On Google
What Areas Can Be Treated?
BOTOX-Type Muscle Relaxers
- Glabellar frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet (corner of eyes)
- Bunny lines (bridge of nose)
- Nasolabial folds (around the mouth)
- Lipstick lines
- Marionette lines
- Peau d’orange chin dimpling
- Platysma bands
- Necklace lines
- Sagging brows and foreheads
- Hollow temples
- Circles under the eyes/tear troughs
- Cheeks and cheekbones
- Nose and nasal bridge
- Laugh lines
- Marionette lines
- Thin lips
- Unpronounced chin
- The jawline
- Necklace lines
A Closer Look at Injectables...
Dr. Brownrigg uses wrinkle relaxers to ease the look of lines and creases by relaxing facial muscles under the skin. This allows the skin above to smooth out for a more youthful appearance. BOTOX® Cosmetic, XEOMIN®, and Dysport® are examples of popular wrinkle relaxers, which are also called muscle relaxers.
These injections all contain botulinum toxin type A, a neurotoxin that stops muscle contractions at the injection site. They not only ease the appearance of unwanted facial lines but may also prevent new wrinkles from forming.
- They are injected into specific facial muscles to reduce activity
- The effects occur gradually over a week or two
- Depending on the areas treated, the effects gradually wear off in three to four months
Dermal fillers fill deep wrinkles or areas where volume has been lost. Our Ottawa facial surgeon skillfully injects these volumizers to lift the skin and restore a natural and more youthful appearance.
- Fillers work by restoring volume to facial contours
- The effect is immediate for most fillers, except Sculptra® Aesthetic, which depends on the growth of collagen to add volume
- The effects generally last six to 12 months, though this can vary depending on the area treated and the amount and type of dermal filler used
How Dermal Fillers Work
Dermal fillers take a variety of approaches in rejuvenating your skin and understanding where and how to use them is an art in itself.
- Restylane® and JUVÉDERM contain hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the skin. Both Restylane® and JUVÉDERM offer collections with different formulations of hyaluronic acid that tailor treatment to specific problem areas, such as nasolabial folds, under eye hollows, and cheeks
- Sculptra® Aesthetic adds volume by encouraging the production of collagen in the skin. The main ingredient in Sculptra is poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), a biologically compatible and biodegradable synthetic material that stimulates your own skin to produce new collagen. Patients usually undergo several sessions over the course of a few months
- RADIESSE® also stimulates collagen production but in a slightly different way. RADIESSE is made of calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) gel microspheres that add volume immediately after the treatment and then slowly dissolve, leaving new collagen in its place
Unlike other injectable treatments that restore volume for a more attractive appearance, Kybella improves your looks by removing excess fat in the chin.
To sculpt a more defined chin, Kybella uses a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid to kill fat cells, which are then naturally flushed away by the body over the course of a few weeks. Deoxycholic acid is a bile acid that is naturally produced by your body.
Treatment usually takes about 20 minutes. The number of sessions needed will vary for each person.
Can Multiple Injectables Be Used Together?
In many cases, Dr. Brownrigg can combine muscle relaxers and dermal fillers in a complementary manner to provide more comprehensive results than individual injections.
Dr. Brownrigg may also consider topical treatments such as chemical peels and laser skin resurfacing that, when used with fillers, can take years off your face.
The best way to determine which treatment or combination of treatments would bring out the best in your features is to request a consultation at our Ottawa practice. That allows Dr. Brownrigg to assess your skin and understand your goals so that he can make a recommendation tailored to your needs.