When there's something we don't like about the way we look, it can make us feel self-conscious, less confident and unhappy. Cosmetic surgery is not about vain, self-indulgent, narcissistic people. It is about ordinary, healthy people who want to make a change for the better.
A nose may be too big. A chin may be too small. Wrinkled, sagging skin and heavy, baggy eyes may make someone who feels young and alive look old and tired. Some concerns may be genetic; others may be due to aging. Cosmetic Surgery can help ordinary people improve their appearance and feel better about themselves. They can often lead to improved self-esteem and increased self-confidence. Think of it as a little change on the outside that can lead to a big change on the inside. That is what cosmetic surgery is really all about.
Cosmetic surgery procedures in this area and across the country have dramatically increased over the last decade. There are many reasons for this;
1. Procedures are becoming less invasive and yet more effective.
2. Faster recoveries using smaller incisions and often, local anesthesia.
3. Techniques that dramatically reduce post-op pain.
4. Procedures that give natural looking results eliminating the signs of surgery.
5. Procedure prices have not increased or are lower, especially when you consider inflation. Most cosmetic surgical procedures are performed on those with middle incomes.
6. The ageing of North America, causing a demand to look younger, more rested or better able to compete in the work place.
7. Cosmetic surgery is accepted in society.
Dr. Brownrigg and team are available to answer any question or concerns. Call our office today to set up a consultation.