Lip Augmentation Candidates
Plump, smooth lips are a universally acknowledged symbol of beauty and youth. At our Ontario plastic surgery practice, Dr. Peter Brownrigg uses the latest in aesthetic enhancement techniques for our lip augmentation patients, and offers several different types of augmentation including injectable fillers and fat transplant surgery. Learn more about lip augmentation procedures, and who makes a good candidate for the treatment.
Is Lip Augmentation Right For Me?
Full lips are directly related to estrogen levels in women. As we age, estrogen levels naturally decrease and cause our lips to thin and droop, and lipsticks and glosses may only make the problem more noticeable by clinging to fine lines. Luckily, lip augmentation produces superior results for lips that are thin due to ageing or estrogen loss, as well as lips that are naturally thin.
Good candidates for lip augmentation include patients who:
- Desire enhanced, fuller lips
- Want to diminish wrinkles and smooth the area around the lips and mouth
- Possess good general health
- Have a positive attitude and reasonable expectations about the results of the treatment
About Lip Augmentation
Dr. Brownrigg offers different types of lip augmentation for his patients seeking Ontario non-surgical treatments, including modern injectable fillers such as Restylane® SubQ™ and Juvederm®, and augmentation with fat transfer. Lip augmentation is generally a “lunchtime” procedure, meaning that patients can return to work or other activities with minimal care required after treatment.
- Juvederm® - Patients seeking smooth, voluptuous lips that last for up to 18 months should consider the benefits of a lip augmentation with Juvederm®, an injectable filler made predominately from naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid. The treatment eliminates the allergy risk associated with animal-based alternatives, and offers an aesthetically pleasing, long lasting outcome. Dr. Brownrigg features the Juvederm™Voluma™ formula, designed for superior results.
- Restylane® - One of the most advanced non-surgical fillers available, Restylane® SubQ™ is created from hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally in the body. This breakthrough gel produces beautiful, cost-effective results without the need for allergy testing. Results of treatment are immediate and last for around six months. Restylane® SubQ™ is an excellent way to enhance the cheeks and chin as well.
- Lip Augmentation with Fat Transfer - Perfect for patients who want to use their own natural material for lip augmentation, non-surgical fat transfer treatments require no incision and can be performed in as little as half an hour. During a procedure, fat is taken from a donor site, and then cleaned and injected into the desired position. Because the body constantly absorbs fat, results will diminish gradually over several months.
Other Non-Surgical Treatments
In addition to lip augmentation, there are a variety of non-surgical treatments available to patients who want to rejuvenate or redefine their facial aesthetics. BOTOX® Cosmetic, popular with over three million patients, is an ideal way to eliminate all facial wrinkles. Dr. Brownrigg also now offers Latisse®, the only FDA approved treatment for thickening, darkening, and growing eyelashes.
Learn More About Our Lip Augmentation Treatments
For more information on lip augmentation or any of our non-surgical aesthetic procedures, please contact our Ontario plastic surgery practice. Dr. Brownrigg and our skilled team are looking forward to meeting with you.